Wanderer Kits Available at the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office
The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office currently has Wanderer Kits available at the District 1 and District 2 offices for the public’s use to assist in locating a wanderer’s whereabouts. The HCSO Wanderer Kit is to be distributed to members of the community who are in need. These kits are intended for anyone who cares for a person who may wander off. This could be a young child who has a developmental disability or an elderly person who is suffering from Dementia.
These kits come with the following items:
1. A scent kit – to be completed and placed on top of the refrigerator.
2. A Child ID kit – to be completed and placed on top of the refrigerator.
3. An HCSO Wanderers Locator pamphlet. Provides tracking devices and local resources.
4. A File of Life kit – to be completed and placed on the front of the refrigerator.
5. A Wanderers Information Sheet – to be completed and returned to the Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office will ensure that the information is added to the Wanderers List and added as a SIMS for the caregiver’s residence.